Bahrain India Society was formed in 2008 by a group of leading Bahrain and Indian businessmen with a view to contributing to the development and strengthening of the centuries-old friendly relationship between the Kingdom of Bahrain and the Republic of India in a non-discriminatory, non-political and non-profit making manner. The Society seeks to take advantage of the development in civil society to actively work to strengthen ties between the two countries, not only business links, but in politics, social affairs, science and culture.
Bahrain’s Prime Minister Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa has praised the role played by the Indian community for the development of Bahrain, saying the expatriates “…have not come here on their own, they are here at our invitation.”
- Developing ties of friendship and cooperation between the residents who are nationals of the Republic of India and the People of Bahrain not only in Business but also in the social, cultural and sports fields.
- Promoting ties of cooperation between the two countries in the economic, cultural, sports and scientific fields.
- Forging closer ties of friendship and understanding between the People of Kingdom of Bahrain and the Republic of India
- Organizing meetings, conferences and events in the two countries.
- Arranging exchange of expertise and information in the cultural, economic and scientific spheres.
- Organizing exchange of visits to promote cooperation and understanding between the people of the two countries.
- Promoting establishment of twinships between Bahraini and Indian cities.
- Forging ties of cooperation and coordination between the educational institutions, scientific research institutes and training programmes in both countries
- Promoting the holding of scientific, sports and cultural exhibitions and festivals and the exchange of tourist groups between the two countries.